- Company name: Iceotemp
- Company website: https://www.iceotemp.co.uk
- Date of work: 2018-2022 Continuous Development
- Case study type: Filemaker Development
Iceotemp specialise in collection and delivery of temperature controlled goods, from frozen food to chilled medical supplies. Their depot in Somerset has a sophisticated storage system with onsite facilities to keep goods in ambient, refrigerated and frozen storage.
Initial Development Specification
EvolvIT were commissioned to build a database system to support Iceotemp’s business activities.
The initial development included
* Client management.
* Collection and delivery booking and scheduling.
* Automated notifications.
* Integration with Sage for invoicing.
* Document template merging.
* Separate interfaces for admin staff and warehouse staff.
* Goods in/out system.
* Driver manifests.
We created a custom Filemaker based CRM system from scratch. The database is hosted on site using Filemaker Server. Users in the warehouse are able to access their part of the system either via their iPads using Filemaker Go, or from the warehouse PC using Filemaker Pro. Office users access the database on their Windows PCs using Filemaker Pro.
Following the initial deployment the system has been further enhanced with many new features, including,
* Stock control.
* Web based forms for clients to submit booking requests directly into the database.
* Vehicle management including tracking of AdBlue, mileage, service notifications.
* Purchase orders.
* Automated recurring bookings.
* HR functionality including holiday and attendance tracking and reporting.
EvolvIT have provided our business with professional IT support and development since 2016, the bespoke back office system they originally designed has been updated with additional functions merging all areas of our operation improving customer communication, credit control and KPI reporting. We have always received an excellent service and cannot recommend the team highly enough.