User Account Control (UAC) does not fully disable after being turned off from the control panel in Windows 8
In some cases turning off User Account Control (UAC) from the control panel does not work in Windows 8 and User Account Control (UAC) still appears to be running.
When this happens User Account Control (UAC) needs to be disabled fully via the computer registry.
Please apply the fix below to resolve:
1. Go to the Windows 8 Start Menu
2. Type “regedit”
3. Select the regedit program from the results
4. Navigate to the key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System
5. Look for the “EnableLUA” key on the right, if UAC is still on the value will be set to 1
6. If the key is set to 1, edit the key to 0
8. Exit regedit
9. Reboot the machine
10. Test you can now see the mapped drives where you couldn’t before I.E during a program install and selecting browse for a location to save too.
In most cases our Bristol computer support technicians can resolve issues remotely, saving you time and money.